Nueces County Judge Barbara Canales has issued a Stay-at-Home Order to help slow the spread of COVID-19. The order, which can be read here, is in effect from midnight March 26 to midnight April 8, 2020.
All of ADAPT and ABC Defensive Driving School’s regular program schedules are affected by the restrictions in this order. Please read the important notice on this web site to learn about all rescheduled class dates and cancellations.
Whether you are a student, employer, probation officer, parole officer, attorney, or court official, we are here to provide explanations and answer your questions. Please contact us at 361-985-8598 for additional information.
DEFENSIVE DRIVING (6-hour
Driving Safety Course, TDLR CP206,C0673)
- Daily Defensive Driving Classes are temporarily suspended beginning March 27.
- Daily Defensive Driving Classes are scheduled to resume April 9, Mondays through Saturdays only.
- NOTE: After classes resume, Defensive Driving will NOT be offered on Sundays until further notice.
- In the meantime, if you need to take a course online, you can check out the recommended online classes listed at the end of the home page on this web site.
DWI REPEAT OFFENDER
INTERVENTION PROGRAM (DWII/DROP 1354)
Current Saturday/Sunday Group:
- Sessions will be temporarily suspended beginning with the Saturday session, March 28.
- This program is scheduled to resume Saturday, April 11 at the regular time.
- (Since the following day is Easter, that Sunday’s session will be rescheduled at a convenient time.)
Current Monday/Tuesday Group:
- Sessions will be temporarily suspended beginning with the Monday session, March 30.
- This program is scheduled to resume Monday, April 13 at the regular time.
VICTIM IMPACT PANEL (V.I.P.)
- The Victim Impact Panel scheduled for Sunday, March 29 is rescheduled to Saturday, April 11.
- On April 11 there will be THREE separate VIP presentations to choose from:
- First Session 10:00 am, Second Session 11:45 am, Third Session 1:00 pm
- Pre-registration, confirmation and payment are required to reserve a place.
- Attendance is limited to 10 people per session to comply with Social Distancing guidelines.
- The next Victim Impact Panel will take place on Sunday, April 26 as scheduled, except:
- If Social Distancing guidelines are still in effect at that time, this program will be offered in three separate sessions of no more than 10 attendees each.
DRUG OFFENDER EDUCATION
PROGRAM (DOEP 806)
- The Drug Offender Education Course scheduled to begin March 30 is canceled.
- The next regularly scheduled Drug Offender Education Course begins April 20.
DWI EDUCATION (DWIE 880)
- The DWI Education Course scheduled to begin April 8 is rescheduled to begin April 15.
ANGER MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
- The March 23 Anger Management Program was canceled.
- The next regularly scheduled Anger Management Program begins April 13.
ALCOHOL EDUCATION PROGRAM FOR
MINORS (MIP/AEPM 639)
- All scheduled dates for this program are temporarily canceled until further notice.
Which Classes or Programs Do You Need?
It was a good class. Glad I took it here.
I was dreading this, but it ended up being highly enjoyable and useful.
The driver safety course (defensive driving) made me realize how complacent I've become.
Learned about quite a few new traffic laws.
Very nice facility. Good staff and instructor.
Course was challenging but not too hard, and to the point.
Anger Management saved my relationship! Started using what I learned when I went home the first night.
Good classes. No judgment or bias and very informative. Life changing even.
The DWI instructor is excellent. I honestly enjoyed this class and learned a lot.
Comfortable classroom & environment. Professional staff and instructor. Good job.
It made me really think about personal responsibility and using better judgment in the future.
Driving Safety Class